Want to get to know me a little better? Think you know me like the back of your hand? Here's 50 random but fun facts all about me!
The 50 facts about me tag is an oldie but goldie and having had my blog for a little over two months now, I thought it was about time I shared some info about myself and exactly who I am. Normally I find opening up and talking about myself extremely difficult. Put me in a room of random people for an icebreaker and I'll blurt out the most generic, boring fact about myself ever. This time round I'm going to give it my best shot, even if it takes me a week to write!
1. I have a degree in Journalism (currently looking for employment if any editors out there are reading this, just saying...)
2. Ever since I could hold a pen and string a sentence together, I have written stories.
3. So much so that when I was in Year 2 I won a storytelling competition. The prize was a tour around the Houses of Parliament. I never got the tour. I will never let it go.
4. I also used to be a huge tomboy in primary school. I hung out with all the boys, had cuts and grazes every week without fail and wore nothing but sportswear.
5. I still basically wear nothing but sportswear. Let's just thank God that it's actually fashionable now.
6. I used to play every sport under the sun. Football was my thing. Now you'd have to pay me to run for a bus.
7. I've officially had my drivers license for 4 years. I passed first time - waheyyy.
8. One time I nearly rolled my car with my best friend from New Zealand and until this day I have never told my Mum. Sorry Mum if you're reading this. I'm alive, it's all good.
9. I used to have bright blonde hair and I feel like this is always how people will remember me.
10. I'm 5'10 and people love to point out that I'm tall for a girl. I know!!!
11. My eyes are blue and are probably my best feature - they change colour :)
12. My favourite films of all time are Mean Girls, Big Daddy and Cool Runnings.
13. In case you didn't already know, my favourite snack is crisps. I will easily finish off a bag of Sweet Chilli Sensations.
14. I like chocolate but hate anything that is chocolate flavoured - chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream - ew.
15. But I'll make an exception for Nutella because Nutella is life.
16. My favourite food is either chicken or pizza. I can't decide between the two.
17. Can I just clarify - pineapple does not belong on pizza.
18. And cereal before the milk, please.
19. Juice is my preferred drink. I don't drink tea or coffee.
20. Lowkey, I'm a bit of a clean freak. I can't concentrate or get on with my day if things aren't clean and tidy.
21. On the flip side, I'm also a bit of what I like to call an 'organised hoarder' - I struggle to throw away things because, well, memories.
22. I love the smell of coconut and fresh linen.
23. And if I could cover my whole room in pretty fairy lights then I would.
24. I'm a trainer obsessor. I like trainers a lot. I have a lot of trainers. I would have more if I could.
25. I love winter for the fashion, but you can't beat a warm, summer's day.
26. I go through phases of favourite colours, but I guess, naturally, my favourite is khaki.
27. I listen to anything that is R&B, hip-hop or UK rap.
28. If you want to see a rare sight, then try and catch me singing my heart out in my car. Hand gestures included.
29. My guilty pleasure is reality TV. I love them all.
30. I love a good cinema trip but I'm more of a 'let's binge watch a TV series' kind of girl.
31. I despise spiders and any other kind of insect.
32. Other than that, I don't think I have many other fears.
33. Oh, but the sea freaks me out though.
34. I genuinely believe in ghosts and spirits. I have stories. Don't @ me.
35. My star sign is Aries and as much as I'm not convinced by astrology, I match the traits of an Aries perfectly.
36. I know that I have the biggest heart and that sometimes that can be a weakness.
37. But I strongly live by 'what goes around comes back around'.
38. And that killing them with kindness is the best motto.
39. I'm an extremely anxious person and will worry and overthink every little thing.
40. Which probably explains why I'm shy and quiet around new people.
41. However, I will always stay true to myself and stand for what I believe in, no matter how much people try and test me.
42. I genuinely think I am hilarious and I'm not ashamed of that.
43. I'm ticklish, but not a 'cute' ticklish. More like, 'I will probably elbow you in the head' ticklish.
44. My biggest pet peeve is people that are unnecessarily loud.
45. Or eat loud. With their mouth open. Breathing heavily.
46. It has always been my dream to write for a women's magazine.
47. And live in a New York apartment.
48. I love travelling and wish that I could do it more. Next on the list is to visit European cities.
49. Making people happy makes me happy. I'd much rather give presents than receive them.
50. I am my own worst enemy. I 'umm-ed' and 'ahh-ed' about starting my own blog for months. However, slowly but surely, I'm starting to feel it. (A big thanks to those of you who have supported me this far!)
So there we have it - 50 random facts about me! Be sure to stay tuned and keep up to date with my blogposts if you want to get to know me some more!